Friday, February 7, 2014

January Favorites

January Favorites 2014

So I know this post is super late, but I still wanted to get it up because I will (hopefully) be blogging all year and the thought of approaching the end of 2014 with a missing Favorites post makes me very uncomfortable! I know, I'm weird! Let's get to the point. January was a simple month in terms of the products I used. I was sick for most of the month so I didn't use much makeup at all and when I did I stuck to known favorites. Here's what I loved in January 2014!

● MAKEUP ●

l-r: UD Naked Basics, Cover Girl Wetslicks, Maybelline The Rocket,
OPI Grape Crush, Maybelline Baby Lips, Benefit The POREfessional 

I would not have been able to survive January (or any month) if I didn't have Benefit’s The POREfessional primer. This stuff is amazing and is the only makeup product so far that I have deemed holy grail. I use this over my nose where I have the most visible pores and does a wonderful job at blurring them. I tried out a few different face powders in January so I don't have a favorite and since I was sick a lot I pretty much stayed away from foundation and concealer so this was the only face product I couldn't live with out in January. 

Urban Decay Naked Basics was my baby in January. I can create simple and easy looks in just a matter of minutes which is ideal for me since I started my new work schedule (I have to be to work at 7:30 am now).  I like to use W.O.S. all over my lid, Naked 2 in my crease and outer corner, Foxy as a brow bone highlight, and Venus in my inner corner. Occasionally I will use Faint if I want something a little bit more dramatic, but I usually don’t have the time in the morning. I finish up with Maybelline The Rocket mascara - perfect for separately lashes and building volume.

I also kept my lips very simple in January. Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched was a true life saver - in fact I used a whole one up in just two months! Unfortunately, I threw it out and didn't even think of saving it for a future 'products I've used up' post. Seriously though, this lip balm is incredible. It makes my lips very soft and I can feel my lips soaking this up instead of it just sitting on top. When I wanted a little bit of color I reached for Cover Girl Wetslicks lip gloss in Raspberry Splash. It's a gorgeous shade and very easy to wear and apply.

● NAILS ●

OPI "Grape Crush"


My favorite nail polish of the month was OPI's Liquid Sand in "My Current Crush". It's a gorgeous grape purple shade with silver sparkle. I picked this up at Ulta on clearance. It came with a top coat and both were only $9! I wore this pretty polish for a good two weeks. 

● SKIN, HAIR, BODY ●

l-r: PINK Warm & Cozy, Simple Facial Toner, Olay Moisturizer,
Suave Moroccan Oil, The Body Shop Shea body butter

My favorite fragrance of January was Warm & Cozy by PINK. It smells like vanilla and peony and is surprisingly perfect for winter. I use this after the shower and I feel so refreshed! Instead of lotion, I've been on a body butter kick. The Body Shop had some insane deals during Christmas and I picked up quite a few mini body butters. My favorite has been Shea. It's simple and perfect for every day. I like it because it doesn't clash with any fragrances or perfumes I might be wearing. 

My face has been loving Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture! face moisturizer. It has a satin finish and a really great smell. It comes out white when you pump it out, but it warms up to be slightly pink and iridescent. It makes the skin look healthy and glowy, but not glittery or shimmery. I've been using this since summer and am still in love! At the end of the day I use Simple Soothing Facial Toner. I picked this up as a recommendation from Lindsey Hughes (beautybaby44). This. Is. Amazing. I use it every night before bed and it makes my skin feel great. I can see a difference when I use it. My skin looks fresh and cleaner than if I just washed it with face wash. And the best part? It's so inexpensive - I paid $5.99 at Target.

My last favorite of January is Suave Moroccan Oil. I have been using this every day and my hair feels so much softer. My mom even noticed when she was braiding my hair a few weeks ago (yes, I still ask my mom to do my hair sometimes, even though I'm 22). I prefer to use it right out of the shower when my hair is still a little damp. 

So that concludes my very first favorites post! What did you love in January?

xoxo,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment